Monday 18 January 2016

Howdy.


Hi folks,

While I can perhaps expect a certain patience and charity of attention from the prominently bibliophilic temperament of my classmates. I shall, in the interests of ease and in the conventions of the digital mode, keep my message brief.

I have a background in the History and Philosophy of Technology, Material Culture Studies, and have a soft spot for Critical Theory. I am never far from meditations and worries about Praxis.

While I certainly like books, I would say that my larger concerns are with technological adoption and the consequences that follow in regards to work and pleasure. Particularly my concerns of late have rested with the troubling suspicion that the need for exercising meaningful and fulfilling human skill is being increasingly stripped from the activities that make up and upkeep our society.

I like to think about these ideas through writing Science Fiction and Speculative Fiction, largely of the graphic variety.


-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment